Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Leave of Absence

I must apologize for the recent dearth of articles relating to drama ministry. As you'll note from my previous post, I've had to deal with a variety of issues in the ministry, the most important of which was the departure of my most valued players.

My mentor on the ministry, the executive pastor of the church, had lunch with me recently to discuss it. We talked of course about the never-ending need for recruitment. But most importantly, we talked about God's time. He explained to me that ministries go through expansions and contractions within churches...people get comfortable in their existing service and want to branch out, people move, all kinds of reasons...so th contraction of my ministry, although heartbreaking, isn't abnormal. He said that this must be the time in which God wishes us to reflect on what to do next.  That made a lot of sense to me. I've been praying, and trying to seek His will on this ministry.

In the nonce I've written a book, called Phineas Caswell! You'll find a chapter of it at my website, www.reinharthouse.com. It's an adventure story set in 1727. Although aimed at the "youth" audience, ages nine to fifteen, I think you'll find it an enjoyable read. 

I'm seeking a literary agent. If you know of one, or are one, I would appreciate hearing from you! I can't help but think that God has driven me to this time-out, and thereby to this book. I pray for guidance there, too!

No comments: